Friday, February 4, 2011

Mmmmm-Mmmmm Milk!

Austin has always LOVED milk!  He also really likes dairy products.  The problem, put dairy products with food, and FORGET IT!  Bummer!  :(

Austin has been eating cereal dry for 5 years.  I have tried every kind of cereal that I thought would appeal to him.  Add milk to it and he won't touch it.  Now Kaleigh, on the other hand, likes food and cereal, well, she LOVES it ... with milk.  The other day she was eating her cereal and going "Mmmm-Mmmm, really good!".  Austin saw this and said "Mommie I want some cereal with milk too!"  I was stunned!  I asked him "Are you sure?".  "I want to Mommie!"  Okay, he asked me for some Lucky Charms (which I do not give him everyday, he eats Raisin Bran normally but he wasn't going to school so I thought, why not?)  I poured the cereal, then the milk and waited for a negative reaction, I did not get one.  He looked at the bowl, picked up his spoon and stared for a few seconds at the cereal floating (I thought, here we go ... sigh).  For some reason, I thought about the marshmallows ... he loves marshmallows, and said "milk makes the marshmallows soft" and just like that, away he went ... he LOVED it!  YAY! :)

Alright so maybe Lucky Charms was not the best cereal to use but hey, I have been trying for years to get him to eat milk and cereal together ... Maven, you get me right?  So I figure, with baby steps I can slowly work up to getting him to eat his Raisin Bran with milk.  To me, for Austin, this is a huge accomplishment.  That may sound silly to some people but when you have a child who barely eats anything, it is a big, big deal.  Oh yes, no Fruit Loops though.  They are banned from this house.  If Austin eats those, we might as well give him Cheesies for breakfast ... also banned!  We don't want an aerobic breakfast ... ;)

*HUGS* to everyone!  :)

No comments: