Monday, June 15, 2015

Donuts, Tractors and Strawberry Pie!

Yesterday morning, Austin came with me to go shopping and get coffee at our local Timmy's (that's Tim Horton's, our most loved coffee shop by us Canadians).  He asked if he could go in and get his donuts by himself.  Oh my!  You know me, I am a little overprotective ... okay, okay, A LOT overprotective!  Austin pleaded his case and said "I need to start doing things on my own Mom!"  It is true.  He needs some independence and slowly he has to be able to do stuff by himself.  So I started, I would let him go but if someone asked "Where's your Mother or Father, tell them I am right outside in the car, they can see me from the cash."  Poor Austin, he sighed at me but agreed.  He got out and I warned him to look before he crossed the parking lot, he does not always think of that, part of the reason I keep him close to me.  He looked, and crossed safely, thank goodness!  I waited for Mr. Cadillac to leave and pulled up next to the class windows so I could see Austin, he did GREAT! Such a PROUD Mama!  He jumped into the car and I asked how it went, he said it was a piece of cake!  He was smiling and happy!  He was thrilled to go on his own and so proud of himself.  Austin came home and told his Dad what he had done. Dad was pretty impressed that all went well.  Well done Dude!  Mom and Dad are very PROUD of you!  We LOVE you!

Later in the morning, my husband decided to get Austin to try the tractor.  He wants him to learn how to ride it so he can cut the lawn and I am all for it.  Austin was on the tractor, listening to Dad's commands, he did pretty well.  (I was outside filming him!  How could I resist!)  All of a sudden, Kaleigh found out what was happening ... oh my!  Kaleigh is a motorcycle, four wheeler, tractor, anything with a motor, enthusiast.  She gets it from her Dad and Grandpa.  She was crying and crying!  My husband got her on the tractor and gave her a turn.  Goodness!  I thought Austin was happy!  I am surprised we could get her off of it!  Round and round she went, happy as a clam!  Warms my heart and make me smile to see my little ones so happy and having fun!  What a day for Austin and Kaleigh!

There was a special request for the day from Austin, a fresh strawberry pie!  I couldn't refuse my favourite little guy in the entire world!  Needless to say, he couldn't wait for it to cool and there was another big smile on his face yesterday!

There are so many changes happening with Austin now.  Everyday seems to be something new.  I am so blessed to have both my little ones and am grateful everyday!


All the best! *HUGS*



No comments: