Thursday, July 2, 2015

Bullying Break

School has been out for just over a week, Austin is having a great time on summer vacation so far.  He gets to play video games, go to the park and splash pad, read, play outside, go for bike rides and bounce on the trampoline ... a lot!  The best part about being out of school is no bullies!  Summer is stress free in that department, of course if Austin goes to a party or something like that, I get a little worried but it is usually incident free.

After "the boy" (that I blogged about previously) left the school Austin attends, we only had a few minor incidents of bullying, nothing as major as what "the boy" had put Austin though.  I was so grateful for all the help the school gave us to ensure Austin remained safe, I am very pleased with all their support.  It was fantastic to pick Austin up at school everyday and he was smiling again.  He was anxious to go to school, he was excited again, just like he was prior to "the boy" targetting and harming him.  I am so grateful that peace has returned for Austin.  He is a great boy and deserves to be able to go to school and not be hit, punched, kicked, thrown to the ground, called names ... you get the picture.

I can't express how great it is to see Austin smiling and laughing all the time and now for the next few weeks, we do not have to think about what he endured in school and he is in a bully-free zone for the next couple of months.  We can only pray that Grade 5 will be easier than Grade 4 was for him.  He did so well in his studies and we are so PROUD of him!  How many children could achieve such high academic scores with someone haunting them everyday?  I pray I will not ask the same question next session.

Wishing you all the best! *HUGS*

2 comments:

Judy Whatilivefor said...

So glad that the school year ended on a good note. Enjoy the rest of summer! I'm not ready for school to start again!

Mommie that Gets It said...

Hello Judy,

Thank you! Me too! 😊

Thank you! I hope you are having a great summer and enjoy the rest of it! Me either! Austin is going into Grade 5! I can't believe it!

I hope all is well!

*HUGS* :) Heather