Saturday, January 9, 2016

Can't Camp Out!

Austin brought home a permission form to go with his Grade 5 class for an overnight camping trip.  I, unlike his Dad, am not comfortable with him going on the trip.  My husband thinks it would be good for him and I, on the other hand, know that something could happen to upset or cause Austin to react.  I told my husband that Austin needs support with this situation.  He has never been away and we have no idea how he will do under these circumstances.  I guess my grizzly side came out because I told my husband, if he didn't sign up to volunteer on the trip (Austin doesn't want Momma hanging around, who can blame him at this age), Austin would not be able to go for overnight camping. (Good thing the man has a lot of patience for me.)  He agreed and I feel better that Austin will have Dad there if he needs him. :)

I am thankful to a friend who I expressed my feelings to and was very supportive and gave me very good advice.  I am also very thankful to my husband for his support and understanding, love you!

All the best! *HUGS*

No comments: