Wednesday, June 12, 2013

S-E-X-Y

You know, some times I think about how my parents used to say to me "Just wait until you have kids!"  In their minds, payback for all the stress I caused them and well, there was P-L-E-N-T-Y!  I was also boy crazy from the get go!  My poor Father, I still have no idea how he endured my craziness, and many boys pursuing too.  If it is any consolation, Austin has inherited that gene and is girl crazy.

Austin has talked in the past about "crushes" and he is going to "marry" a certain girl but not so long ago he came out and said, "WOW!  That girl is SEXY!!!"  I turned around and said to him, "What did you say?" His reply, "You know Mom, sexy, S-E-X-Y (watching him spell it out to me slowly almost made me pee my pants, it was hysterical!)  So I asked, "Okay, what does sexy mean to you?"  He replied something like, "Well Mom, it is a beautiful girl who is blond, tall and skinny!"  Oh my!  I explained that there are many sexy and beautiful women out there and they are not all tall, blond and skinny.  So I asked him, all sorts of questions about different types of women and he definitely makes a distinction between beautiful and sexy.  I guess I was surprised that he had such an opinion on the subject.

Interestingly enough, the little girl he adores, has sandy hair, wears glasses and is just adorable.  He also has admirers and it is cute to see girls batting eyelashes at him.  I always get a giggle when he tells me he is going to marry this sweet girl when he gets older.

My advice to my sweet son is no matter what, when it comes to real love, inner beauty trumps sexy ... as it should.

All the best!  *HUGS*

2 comments:

Judy Whatilivefor said...

This post made me smile :). I don't know how I'll react the first time my boys say Sexy...it will definitely be interesting.

Mommie that Gets It said...

Hi Judy,

Happy it made you smile. :) I bet it will!

:) *HUG*