Friday, June 7, 2013

The Scale

A little while ago, Kaleigh, who was not in a very good mood at the time, said typical 5-year-old not so nice things to me because she could not have her own way.  As she went on hurling hurtful words at me, I kept tiding up and not responding to her comments.  Austin sat there watching this transpire.  Kaleigh settled down after a few minutes and Austin said to me "Mom, my scale just went higher." "What scale Austin?"  "The scale that measures how much I love you."  "What do you mean?"  "Well, whenever Sissy (Kaleigh) says mean things to you, my scale just goes higher and higher and my love for you gets bigger and bigger (he holds his arms out as far as he can stretch them to show me how much)."  "Oh Austin, you are too sweet."

It seemed so interesting to me that Austin, who is not usually big in the empathy department, witnesses this behaviour and he feels for me.  It is just too cute!  Keep in mind, when I fall on my behind, he laughs his head off!  One thing at a time I guess.  I am not fazed by what Kaleigh says, and well, she is 5.  She is a pistol but she is also a sweet little doll too.  I am very grateful for both my wonderful babies.  My scale is endless ...

All the best!  *HUGS*