Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No Fretting the Filling!

Today I took Austin to the dentist to get his teeth cleaned and a very small cavity filled (so small in fact, no local was even needed!).  Everything went very well, although I had anticipated the worst.

We arrived and were only sitting in the waiting room for a few minutes (less than five) when they called us to come back.  The dentist was waiting for Austin and told him to hop into the chair.  Austin sat down and the dentist started to talk to him.  He asked him questions about Halloween, directed him to open his mouth and explained what he was doing as he went along (minus the drilling part, he used the term "tickling his tooth").  Austin followed the instructions very well and we were out of there in under 20 minutes!  It went great!  I was so happy and proud of Austin.  There was a lot of praise from the dentist.  He told Austin that he was an awesome patient and let him have a special treat from his treasure chest.  Austin picked a clown nose ... LOL!  He had a lot of fun with it.

I found this dentist when I was in my late teens.  I have never regretted leaving my old dentist (he was truly horrible!) and this just proved my instincts right.  This man and his staff are so GREAT when dealing with kids.  They want all kids to have a pleasant experience.  Wonderful I think!

No comments: